These brownies!.. Well they are out of this world!
I thought I’d bake something yummy for Easter and was looking on Pinterest when I came across creme egg brownies and wow! They couldn’t have left the kitchen sooner with requests for a second batch to be made as soon as possible.
I was very surprised of how easy they were to make too. For something so tasty you’d think they’d be hard to make!
For you to try them yourself I have put the ingredients, tools and instructions down below.
Remember, for a healthy balanced diet limit yourself to a small portion of naughty foods.
Cadbury Creme Egg Brownie Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes. Level: Easy. Servings: 9 to 12.
185g / 6.5 oz Butter
185g / 6.5 oz Dark Chocolate
3 Medium Eggs
275g / 9.7 oz Caster Sugar
85g / 3 oz Plain Flour
40 g / 1.4 oz Cocoa Powder
5 to 6 Creme Eggs
1 Bowl to fit on the Saucepan
2 Mixing bowls
Whisk (preferred Electronic)
Cup / Jug
- Pre- heat the oven to 180° or gas 4.
- Fill the saucepan up with a few inches of hot water and place the bowl on top and put on the stove. Break up the chocolate and place all of the chocolate and butter into the bowl and stir until all melted.
- Place the melted chocolate and butter into one of the mixing bowls to cool.
- In your other mixing bowl, mix the eggs and sugar with the whisk until it thickens and doubles in size. You should be mixing it for about 3-5 minutes until it’s thick and pale.
- Mix in the cooled melted chocolate in with the sugar and egg mix ( hottest the chocolate should be is Luke warm). Then mix together.
- Sift in the Cocoa Powder and Plain Flour into the mix and fold it in as you go.
- Once all folded in. Line your baking tray with greaseproof paper then pour the mixture in and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst waiting for that to bake, prepare your Creme eggs. Put some hot water in your cup/ jug and pop the knife in it to heat up. Pop your Creme eggs on the chopping board and cut them in half down the line in the middle. Using a hot knife makes it a lot smoother.
- When the 20 minutes are up, take the brownies out and pop your cut up Creme eggs on top then pop it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Check your Brownie is all done and take out the oven to cool. Put into slices / portions once cooled and serve.
And enjoy your homemade Creme Egg Brownie. Don’t forget to share them and eat a healthy balanced diet. ( so not all of them in 1 day no matter how tasty they are)